Whether you’re looking for outdoor fabric to reupholster your patio furniture, soften seating in your firepit, or refresh your sun loungers, the project will require material made specifically for outdoor use.
Here are a few tips to help you navigate some of the technicalities of textiles:
- It should be upholstery fabric – strong enough to take wear and weight
- It should be fade resistant – to handle the African sun (acrylic more so than polyester, UV treatments contribute to a higher light fastness)
- Post treatments for water resistance, anti-mildew and stain resistance contribute to a longer life for your cushions
- Often treated for water resistance with anti mould/mildew for stain resistance
- Most can be machine washed at a low temperature
- Never dry-clean or tumble dry
- For specific stains take a look this helpful article from The Spruce
Below are just some of our outdoor fabric combinations we have in-store.
Visit us in-store or reach out to our friendly WhatsApp support staff on +27 (0)21 851 5086 , who are at the ready to help you make the most out of this Summer!